Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #113
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
If a below average defender could improve our defense by 10 points per game, that would be quite a magic trick! Again, these are completely unrealistic expectations for Rondo. Here's what Rondo gets you:

-1.5 rebounds per game over an average PG
-The ability to create an OK possession with the ball in his hands
-Semi-competent NBA defense.

That's it. He also makes it impossible to get elite offense unless surrounded by 4 shooters (not 3, 4, so it won't work with Chandler out there), and the things that he does get you are easier to replace than 20 minutes of the best finishing ability and shot-blocking you'll find on an NBA bench.
Putting him into our lineup would change the way we run our offense and defense. I don't think he will make a 10PPG difference because of his defensive skills alone. I think we will have to change the way we run our offense. This may slow down the game. Thus, our offense and defense numbers would go down together. At least that's the way I imagine it turning out. Sorry if I didn't explain it well enough.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote