View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Am I allowed to be of a mind that more (as in frequency) violent acts that are deemed forms of terrorism within the U.S. are perpetrated by right-wing Christian fundamentalists, yet more (again referring to frequency) violent acts deemed forms of terrorism world-wide are perpetrated by right-wing Muslim fundamentalists?

Can I choose to believe that if Christian terrorists don't count as "real" Christians, then Muslim terrorists don't count as "real" Muslims?

Am I a dick for thinking that both sides give themselves a free pass by not calling their fundamentalist factions to task, and turning a blind eye to what is done in the name of their own religion, instead focusing on the actions of the other?

Is it unpatriotic of me to think that both sides are fucking hypocrites who use outdated tribal teachings to justify horrible behavior and hate-fueled aggression upon the rest of the world?

Or is that not black and white enough, and I need to chose one side of douchebag over the other?