View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 02:46 AM   #54
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Dragic will probably get a Max Contract.

How do we get two Max Contracts under the Cap and still fill the bench?
Dragic's max is 5 yr 115m approx. Stein reported the heat will offer Dragic 5yr 80m type deal. I'm not saying it's likely but if there was a way to get a "core" of Dragic/Green/Matthews, Jordan/LMA, CP this year(hopefully with Aminu getting mid level)... then I'd worry about the bench next year. It's gonna take more than a year. You could argue the hard part is getting the core big names. The easy part would be filling a bench when we have 20m cap influx next year. If it's just a trade down scenario of a couple spots to make it happen I think we could still get one of the guys we want.

I have more faith than others do in our front office. It may not be fun to never have a new draft pick to cheer for or provide youthful hope to the franchise but it's pretty fun being a perennial 50win team in the West. Sure Dirk gets most of the credit but it's not like we don't use the assets we have in some kind of capacity to try and build a roster. KG was "pretty good" in his prime and he couldn't field perrenial 50win teams cuz he had a lousy FO in minny. The whole Donnie is bad at drafting is a misnomer to me. Everyone knows how he wanted greek freak but Cuban wanted to maintain every penny he could in hopes of landing a FA because that's what he thought was best. Mistake or not Donnie wanted the freak so it's not like he is blind to talent.

All that being said I will still throw my phone out the proverbial window if we have a chance at my two favorites of Hunter or Anderson and miss out due to a trade. I have faith they will make w/e work I just may not like how it gets done is all.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote