View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 10:09 PM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< A description of how the board is run, financed etc would be illuminating for the uninformed. We are mmostly just internet bums, thinking everything is free. >>

The board as far as I understand is run by DJBacklash, a college student. Personally financed by him and only him, he pays for hosting, web traffic, and the VBB license as well. It can be very costly to maintain and update the bulletin board with regular software updates and things of that nature.

I'd say he probably will spend $500 out of his own pocket a year on costs associated with keeping this board active. On top of that, when you have an AD-free board he has no source of revenue, and is depending strictly on our generosity to keep it running.

Fighting among board members, spamming, and being rude don't help keep his spirits high in leaving the board up. I am more than willing to pay for a pair of tickets to the Mavs season opener to be raffled off in an auction for anybody who donates a minimum of $10. Sound good?
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote