View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Im not sure if you were meaning to include these, but I believe the MSM to include cable news such as MSNBC, CNN, Fox News, etc. as well as the local "Big Three" and the newspapers. There are alot of senior citizens that still get their news from these sources by my estimation. But, that is my own observation and could be way off base.

If you are correct, it would make sense to me that those that really don't care are much more likely to be uninformed and swayed by lies. If I were to believe the polls these are the very people who will swing the election either way and that is a sobering thought.
I can't include cable outlets as MSM because Dallas--a very big city--has only something like 50% cable penetration. Plus, despite how important so many of those networks are, their ratings are dreadfully low. If we are making an argument based on reach, then they simply don't qualify. They are "destination" news sources. In other words, they are places you go when there is something specific you want to hear.

ABC, CBS, and NBC are the last of the "MSM." Realistically, they are gone already. But the folks who don't realize that will figure it out before too long. You are right about the seniors, though. They will keep them afloat as long as they still draw breath.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote