View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 05:06 PM   #33
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Duncan Tweaks Ankle

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Obviously, you want to see improvement in the Mavs. But, the bottom line is that a win is a win is a win.

If the Mavs are fortunate enough to play several teams with their top players out..hell, I won't complain.

Trust me, there will be more than enough games throughout the season that will act as an indicator as to how well the Mavs are playing.
right you are murph....at the end of the year they don't look at you record and say "yeah they have the best record, but these other guys were hurt, I don't think they should get home court"....if the wins are there so is home court when it counts and that is all that matters...
Right! Bottomline it IS about he W's. I've said that.

I've also said that I wouldn't complain if they got those W's becasue the team they played were short-handed or lacked their star player.

However, if I wanted to evaluate where my team stands against another team, I feel the best way to gauge that is to play against that team at full-strength. Morever, in a playoff scenario. if the Mavs beat the Lakers at full-strength (i.e. with Shaq, Kobe, Payton & Malone all there) then that would certainly be more impressive than if one or more of those guys were out. You would agree with that atleast, right?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote