Thread: Hakeem Olajuwan
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2003, 12:44 AM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Hakeem Olajuwan

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanatik33
How about we go for someone that is of the NBA playing age, why do we want a bunch of old guys. Let's play this year with what we have, which isn't a bad rebounding team AT ALL so far, and get a good big man from the free agency...
Because 1) we need another tall body for center this year. Dirk and Shawn are our only players over 6'9". 2) Sabonis and Hakeem are probably better than anyone we have a legitimate shot at getting this year. 3) It's not rebounding that we need help, but post defense and lane defense. 3) next years Free agency won't help up in this years playoffs versus big lineups by the Spurs, Lakers, Kings, and TWolves.

And as I said if we can get one of the old guys with tons of knowledge about post offense and defense, it would be great to have him tutor Dirk. I'm sorry but I saw Mokawski play and I don't think he's in the same league as Hakeem or Sabonis in knowledge about post play.