Thread: iPhone
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #392
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Ok but here's the deal: As I said, I don't use iTunes or any other application for playing my media. So why would I want to use this extra interface to manage it on my device either? If other people want to use it, that's fine.

What frustrates me is the decision to not expose a stupid folder view where I can see my already organized folder structure and send media to the device that way. Thankfully Media Monkey does, so this is now a moot point.

I personally just don't get the appeal. To even get the media organized into playlists you have to deal with what is essentially a giant list of all your music, with sortable columns. That seems like a terrible way to process a large number of files. It's like moving yourself back to DOS. I realize you can switch it to a grid view of albums, but a lot of my music is not sorted into albums. I have tons of single tracks off of albums, so the album view is unbelievable cluttered.
Thig, yes, if you don't use iTunes to play your music, it would be a hassle. I do use iTunes to play my music, mostly because of its ability to sync with my iPod.

iTunes does have a way to bring up your list of songs with a sorted sublist above it (that sublist can be artist name, then album, then other criteria). You click on one artist name in that sublist, and it only shows you their tracks.

I'm not trying to convert you, i just hear that complaint about iTunes, and i've never had any issues.

And Erica, i absolutely agree with you on DRM. Like i said, i actually buy more physical CDs than digital (get better deals and i like having the disc - call me crazy).