View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder Woman was a bit overrated by critics & audiences because the bar for a good DC movie was set so low that you could trip over it... Batman v Superman was such a mess that all WW had to do was be a competent movie (which it was) to be seen as a major victory.

I'm in agreement with MavzMan that a majority of movies are mediocre these days. The decline of storytelling and rehashing of IPs is disappointing because making a movie is a lot easier than it used to be, so storytelling is where most of the effort should go.

I'd put any of the current Star Wars movies in this category... Most people liked Rogue One, but I thought it was absolutely mediocre because every character dies and the movie tells me that I'm supposed to feel sad about it, yet the movie never really gives me a reason to care about any of these characters. They're all so one-dimensional and forgettable. Better writing could have fixed that, but it would have been risky, and Disney does not do risky -- they ultimately let focus groups write their movies.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-21-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote