Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 03:01 AM   #243
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
And i think they are going to use both of them, trying to hit another Brunson type with #31. Because remember the 2021 and 2023 1st round picks are gone, means they are going to have just three useful draft picks until 2024. And having usefull player on rookie salaries is pretty important these days.

And i also dont see how this roster cant handle two rookies...
Unless they see someone who can step in and immediately make an impact, I just don’t see them using both picks. Our roster is full of average role players, and although I agree there is room for 2 rookies, I’d be surprised if the Mavs FO sees it that way.

I could be wrong, but I see the Mavs in a similar situation with Luka as they were with Dirk in terms of using their draft picks as trade pieces to build a supporting cast. That is pretty evident to me by already using that strategy to acquire KP and I don’t see it changing going forward considering we’ll most likely be picking in the 20s in the drafts you mention.

Yeah, if a guy like S Bey or Vassell slips to us, or we can trade up using both picks to get one of them (or someone they really like), then I can see them using the pick. But that isn’t likely to happen imo.

I could see them trading #18 (maybe our best trade piece right now) in some type of package for a proven wing that will fit our rotation and cap situation and use 31 for a player to develop an intriguing player like Poku if he is still available.

Last edited by rimrocker; 10-16-2020 at 03:11 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote