View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #455
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting bit in an article from the Ringer. https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/2...-antonio-spurs

"But the Mavs should be aggressive in finding someone even better. The problem is Dallas can’t trade a first-round pick until 2027 unless the top-10 protections are removed from the 2023 first being sent to New York. If that happens, then NBA rules would allow Dallas to trade firsts in 2025 and 2027, plus pick swaps in 2022, 2024, and 2026. With the ability to trade their picks and a number of talented young players on the roster, the Mavericks could put together a strong trade package for any star who might become available, such as Wizards guard Bradley Beal."

I didn't realize that's how the rules about trading picks worked. I thought we were just screwed until like 2027. Maybe we still are? I'm confused about this. He says "if top 10 protections are removed." Meaning, the Mavs can chose to this, and this would allow the Mavs to trade first rounders again? If that's true, than the Mavs could still conceivably put together a decent trade package for an impact player. He mentions Beal, but I'm not thinking of him necessarily, I just mean anyone.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-04-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote