View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #25
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo View Post
I agree totally... it IS easily as funny as the others signs you talk about, and also easily as funny as "You Can't Hug With Nuclear Arms" or "God Loves Everyone, Even Republicans" ... a laugh riot.
I think funnier than those. Less funny than the SNL Sarah Palin skits. Maybe as funny as the "my kid can beat up your honor student" bumper stickers, or about as funny as the "Teabonics" pictures that are out there.

Quote:
The POINT of these things isn't to be funny--- The point is to make a political statement. If you like the statement, fine--- you are more likely to tolerate (or even enjoy) the "joke". But they aren't by any stretch of the imagination "funny".
Well, you are wrong. Political humor has been around a long, long time because much of it is simply funny. Some things are funny and political. And if you can remove your own bias, then you can have a good laugh (or at least a fair chuckle) at much of it.[/quote]

Quote:
now a drunk schmuck stepping on a rake and getting smacked in the nuts and falling into a cactus patch... THAT is funny.
can't disagree there.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote