View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #181
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I absolutely agree that the only way to get Iggy is to take on Brand's contract as well...
If you're right about that then Iggy's staying put, because I don't think anybody's going to take on both those contracts.

That said, here's a completely untenable left-field idea that has Dallas doing just that: Damp+Marion+Carroll+Stevenson+Najera for Iggy+Brand. At first glance it seems like Marion with his mixed-bag of a contract (i.e., very reasonable salary but a bit longer than you'd like given his age) plus a bunch of junk, but it'd save Philly a ridiculous amount of cash. In fact, it'd save them so much (46 million over the next three years!!!) that I almost can't even imagine the Mavs would agree to do it unless Philly was willing to expand the deal to include JET, Kapono and the #2.

I'd kinda like that, though, I have to say. Bring in an inexpensive big body at center to complement Wood (we'll call said warm body 'Damp'), and:

Kidd(32) /Booby(16)
Iggy(22) /Turner(20) /Booby(6)
Caron(35) /Iggy(13)
Dirk(36) /Brand(12)
Wood(28) /Brand(14) /Damp(6)

...plus JJB and Kapono getting occasional situational and garbage minutes. You're gambling a bit on both extremes of the age spectrum in your backcourt and you've pretty much locked yourself into having a 90+ million dollar payroll for the next three years, but the talent level on that team (if Turner's a worthy #2 and Booby is what we think he is) would be through the roof.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 06-03-2010 at 12:33 AM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote