View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #27
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Oh, should I have mentioned Dwight Howard as well? Asik's cost is going to triple in 14-15, so I have no doubt that Houston is going to move him as soon as possible, since his greatest value to another team comes this season... And I highly doubt it's going to be to a division rival for Shawn Marion. They also have Greg Smith, who, with Camby, should be more than sufficient to back up their new franchise payer.

Which means all of them could be traded before the season even starts - but not to Dallas, since we don't have the means to get any of them.

Doesn't make the conversation any more relevant.
The cap hit only applied to Chicago if they matched the offer from Houston. Asik is ~8 million a year for 3 years, to the Rockets.

I agree with Bayliss that this has no effect on them moving Asik. Asik to Camby would be a huge drop off and for all I know they are still not in a bad cap situation for this year so there is no point to move him. It would look pretty bad if they moved Asik and Camby becomes a liability on the floor.

On top of all of this, what would we be able to offer?
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote