View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 11:30 AM   #1338
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
who would be that guy? Not Dantoni, not Stotts are defensive guys.

I agree they need someone to simplify the defense schemes for them, but in the end if they dont acquire rebounders/size/rim protection, it wont matter.
Oh definitely. You have to have players to have ultimate success. However, everyone knows we could be better defensively with what we have. One of Kidds many faults is not recognizing this and making changes to simplify or cater more to balance our offensive players that we must have on the floor.

You can't justify having a complicated system where at best your succes lies in running your offensive studs ragged by chasing to rotate all game. You can't justify having one defensive guy on the floor to try and stop other high level offensive players. Especially when you switch everything and end up at a disadvantage anyway. You can't justify bringing your 3rd and 4th best offensive players off the bench just to have mediocre to bad defenders like DP and Bullock start. You can't justify not changing your defensive philosophy when things are clearly not working.

Idk who the exact coach would be tbh. I probably don't have a popular opinion. I like Jeff Van Gundy for several reasons but I don't have ANY idea if he would want to coach again. I'd settle for SVG. I would want a respected personality who isn't afraid to say what's on his mind and be real with players and media. Someone who gets players attention and has experience with managing personalities and x and os. I'm sure there's a handful of guys who could fit the bill but I'm not overly interested in D'antoni. I think he would maximize our offense but then run into a wall like he has elsewhere. I'd take him over Kidd though, that's for sure.

I do not trust Cuban with hiring staff anymore. It took too long to let Rick go, and even then Rick quit and he took Rick's recommendation about JKidd. Then he hired Nico. Both came across as desperate moves to fill voids quickly.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-04-2023 at 11:31 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote