Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 08:50 AM   #613
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He is getting a bag either way. Again, how do we know dad and agent aren't just using us and Miami for leverage? It's a really bad look if we up our offer just for him to pick the Knicks anyway. Then who is the chump?
I could not possibly disagree more. If the Mavs offer him more money and he chooses to go to NY anyway, then that's his decision. Then it wasn't about money, or even about a lack of loyalty from the Mavs. Brunson just really wanted to play in NY then. But if the Mavs don't make the offer? I'm telling you, shit like that really bothers players. These guys have very fragile egos, and they all talk. That will (correctly) be seen as Cuban A: being cheap, and B: having no loyalty to a guy who absolutely elevated his game on the big stage, and helped us win our first playoff series in over a decade. Without him, no way we get past Utah.

Quote:
And DFS got his bag. THJ got his bag. I hardly feel sorry for these guys.

Every single indication we've had in the last week is that Brunson wants to play for NY. I really don't think it's gonna be Brunson telling Cuban he really wants to play for the Mavs and will sign the dotted line if the price is 125/5.
True, but every single indication before that was that him staying with the Mavs was a done deal. Something happened in the interim. I'm thinking that he was caught off guard by just how hard the Knicks are pursuing him.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote