Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:03 AM   #619
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
So the Knicks offering 30 mil a year would equal to 120. I guess that's where the 5/125 number comes from because I don't think the Knicks can get to 125. Not positive on that though.

Again, if it comes out that 5/125 seals the deal, then sure, it's irritating if the Mavs don't step up. But a week's worth of Knicks, Knicks, Knicks just doesn't reek of a guy willing to commit to us.
Again, the impression I get is- and I could be completely wrong about this, I'm just trying to read between the lines- Brunson initially did intend on re-signing with the Mavs. Because we heard repeatedly that him staying was all but a done deal. But then a lot of talk started happening behind the scenes *cough*(tampering) *cough*, and Brunson was surprised at how much the Knicks actually wanted him. He knew they wanted him and probably intended to just use them to get some extra money from the Mavs. But then it became clear that the Knicks were actually willing to pay MORE money than the Mavs and not the other way around. He was already feeling a bit salty over not getting the extension he wanted back in February, and this just made it worse. Now he wants to really squeeze the Mavs for every penny.

And you know what? I don't blame him one bit. The Mavs low-balled him, and he's making them regret it. I would do the exact same thing in his position. All the shit with his dad and his agent is shady and underhanded as hell, sure. But I will never blame a player for going where they make the most money.

If however the Mavs offer him more money and he STILL leaves. Then fine, that's on him. Then he just wants to be near his daddy, and is delusional enough to actually think he'll be "the man" in NY, even though they are very clearly using him as bait to lure an even bigger fish down the road.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-30-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote