View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #109
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I hope Earl Thomas is still on the board when the Cowboys pick. I'm not sure how confident I'd be if the Cowboys had Alan Ball and Mike Hamlin competing for a starting job, even though I do like both players.
It would be great to move up to grab Thomas, but I don't know if they have the ammunition to get that done. The Packers (pick 23), the Eagles (pick 24), and the Cardinals (pick 26) would jump all over Thomas before the Cowboys have a chance to grab him. Even if they shop Barber, I would think the best they could get for him would be a second round pick, most likely a third due to injury concerns.

I'm not too high on Taylor Mays. He looks like Roy Williams 2.0 to me. If Thomas doesn't fall to them or they don't move up to get him, they will probably grab a tackle.

I would love to see them release Newman today being that he is due 9 million, and you have two starting-caliber corners in Jenkins and Scandrick. Of course that would add another position of need for the Cowboys, especially in the nickel. But if they did land Thomas, he has the ability to move to nickel corner which would mean Ball and Michael Hamlin would be the nickel safeties.

There will be a flood of salary cap casualties this year, so there should be plenty of veterans available to bolster depth. If nothing else, the cuts today make the upcoming draft the most interesting in recent memory.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote