View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #50
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

If the Mavs suspended Fortson on top of what the league did (you've got it backwards, it's not that Cuban has power and therefore doesn't need the league. It's that the league has power and therefore there's no need for Cuban to do anything else), it would completely ruin his confidence. This team is still trying to win a championship, and we'll need our bigs to play well in order to have a shot. Fortson was punished about as severely as the CBA allows. That's plenty.

As for your comments about Mark, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Mark has been tireless in his efforts to stimulate reform in the league. He's not asking for special treatment. He's asking to have his arguments heard and debated in an open forum, and he's working for changes that will affect every team in the league the same, as he sees it, positive way. His feeling, and I'm inclined to believe him, is that the league is commonly quite apathetic concerning change. For the first time in a while there's another owner in the league who's screaming at the top of his lungs that changes need to be made, and Mark is seizing the opportunity by speaking out in support of Colangelo's activism, even if he may not agree with the specific issue. In my mind that is to be comended.