View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I have to say a 19-4 record is pretty impressive. That's a tough trip for any team to make and the Spurs usually put things together at this time. We'll see if they do so again.

The stretch doesn't look that bad when you consider the rest they'll get:

1/30 @ Utah
2/1 @ Portland
2/2 @ Golden State
> 5 days rest. <
2/8 @ Toronto
2/10 @ New Jersey
2/12 @ Indiana
2/13 @ Cleveland
2/15 @ Philadelphia
> 5 days rest during the all-star break. <

who knows every year is different and anything can happen. i believe that we have just begun to play with a sense of urgency on a consistent basis. The last Detroit game was a great example of how you cannot 'turn it on' if you have not previously played with any sense of irgency. My problem with the Spurs this year was there lack of intensity at times. I can accept losing games if the other team plays better than we did but to lose games because of lacking energy grinds on my nerves. Sort of like the Cowboys( yes I was born and raised a cowboy fan) when they were going through the 5-11 seasons I could see those guys busting their tails even though the ywere losing. It was easier for me to accept losses during this time because the Cowboys were as bad as their records indicated but I appreciated thier hustle. If history repeats itself we will be playing much better after this road trip irregardless if we lose the division lead.
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote