View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #30
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stressboy View Post
I used to love reading this board, in fact years ago I even wrote a few posts and I think made a little sense. Well I have stayed away from this board for the past 3-4 months now because of your insistance on keeping 1 thread on any topic. The Howard/Butler trade thread is now 13 pages long. It moved from rumor, to fact, to God knows what topic to the current debate on minute distribution.

Only people with no lives will read 13 pages to pick up where that started and only the real die hard mavs geek wants to read 3 pages of minute distribution debate which should have been in its own thread.

If you guys want to keep a decent community not made up of your die hards please break these threads up so those of us that try to maintain a real life can read the thread titles, and decide what is worth our time and what is not. Otherwise visitors such as myself will continue to look elsewhere for our Mav's conversations.

Stressboy
Man, I couldn't agree more. I've always thought that was a little odd about this forum as the forum I'm primarily on is an auto forum with nearly 100k members with LOTS of "newbies" and over there we don't discourage new threads or prefer meandering 10+ page threads, either. I've been there ten years now so maybe it's just what I'm used to. But still.

It's really hard to follow along the threads here unless you were literally in on them from their conception. Then if you miss a day or two, you have to read 10 pages to catch up so it's pointless. And if you weren't in on a thread from its conception, and it's a meandering 10 page type, then there's not really any natural human desire to care to read through the whole thing (unless you have no life, as stated). Plus, all the semi-crazy superstition thread rituals/procedures here..

Nonetheless, I guess that's why I have hardly any posts here, and in that regard I'm a n00b but that's still just my $.02