View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 07:42 PM   #150
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
What you are describing has not happened within the last 3 years. Yes, money was spent previously, but to me it looks like Cuban has definitely put the brakes on some of the spending. I can't say that I blame him. Look at what he got for Parsons, Wes, even Powell. Heck, I don't think the Mavs would've been appreciably worse had Cuban decided to save those tens of millions of dollars he spent on those guys instead of not pursuing them and letting them play elsewhere.
I have to imagine that if/when there are players worth going into the tax for Cuban will spend again. There are some discouraging signs that point the other direction of course. I think they don’t want to start the luxury tax clock ticking until absolutely necessary.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote