View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #2420
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Saw scott pilgrim tonight. Loved, Loved, LOVED IT. I've read the books, but honestly, it doesn't matter! There are so many changes, it's like the movie and the book are both loosely based on the same subject matter. But there were no negative changes, IMO. They ranged from parallel, to being slightly better than the books, to being a lot better than the books, to being WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the books. I would provide details but don't want to bore those that haven't read the books.

It is absolutely a manic-paced movie. I have already warned some people to be ready for it - stuff happens fast. but the editing for those fast scenes is brilliant. The directing/editing/cinematography is top-notch.

really my only 2 complaints - the opening credits (good lord i was about to go into an epileptic seizure... plus, maybe they could have used that time for actual scenes?) and Winstead's hair. I know what her hair was like in the books, but come on. it wasn't the color changes, it was the, i don't know, poofiness? kind of distracting after a while. especially cause the actress is pretty hot. But maybe they were trying to downplay her by putting a muppet on her head? Also, the pee bar - who pees that fast?

Casting was amazing, especially for the exes (notably Schwartzman, Whitman, and Evans). I thought Cera was actually pretty good and didn't "play himself" as so many people claim.

Overall, just a FUN movie. I had a dumb grin on my face the entire time.