View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 03:13 PM   #37
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Finley among three Mavs now nursing ankles

Oh great Murphy, there is nothing that says that a player can't get up. In fact I did not look at any basketball-specific websites. I have found evidence that rigorous activity after such a severe sprain would be unlikely.

I guess since you are playing the devil's advocate, I have the duty to provide evidence and not you. Doesnt sound right but here goes.

arthroscopy.com specifically states that Grade III sprains are classified thusly because

Quote:
instability has resulted
Finley played solid basketball for a few minutes out there.

PHYSICIAN AND SPORTSMEDICINE journal states that the recovery period for a grade three sprain has a recovery time of

Quote:
5-8 wk with optimal rehab
Dallas has said that Finleywill only be out for a couple of weeks. That fits with the evidence that the site has for 1st and 2nd grade sprains.

ePodiatry.com describes a grade three sprain with the following

Quote:
Total rupture of a ligament - there is a loss of motion
Gross instability of the joint - joint function is lost

Severe pain initially followed by no pain
www.sportsinjuryclinic.net echoes that analysis

Rice University describes a third degree sprain as

Quote:
complete tear of the affected ligament (very loose)
I didnt see the laxity
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote