Thread: Bagley or Ayton
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #15
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Ayton

Bagley has a much bigger bust potential
But we aren't getting Ayton, so....well, I guess we could if we got really lucky, but I'm not sure this is a discussion on luck.

FWIW...Ayton has a fair bust potential too. Bigs in the NBA have a similar record of success as top QB picks in the NFL. There are a lot more failures than successes. One of the determining criteria is athleticism, and Bagley has that. Given that, if we DID luck into that number 1 pick, I think the Mavs should think seriously about trading it, and getting several high picks. ie, would you rather have Ayton, or say, Bagley and 2 other high picks, or a good player and another high pick? I'd take the latter. Bagley could be as good, or better than Ayton, and you do well in the draft mainly through volume, not tanking. 3 players are highly likely to do better than 1 unproven player.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote