View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #37
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Hypothetical: Mavs find themselves with no trade opportunity that the MBT deems will make a real difference this season. Should they make a play for Drummond or Aldridge as a defensive move that would prevent a buyout and them joining a competitor in the West (e.g. Lakers; Clippers; Warriors)? My thinking is that wouldn't Cleveland or San Antonio rather make a trade than simply let their player go? Perhaps the Spurs feel some loyalty to LA and would like to allow him to choose his team, but I doubt the Cavs feel that way about Drummond. One option would be the Mavs send a package including something like JJ, Burke, and WCS. It wouldn't be a 100% defensive move as there is some possibility Drummond or LA would make a contribution this season and/or sign with the Mavs in the offseason.

Is it worth losing JJ, Burke and WCS? Perhaps the MBT believes JJ has a role in the future for the Mavs, but I don't see it and would hate to see that big expiring contract just expire.
We aren’t contenders. I don’t see why we would trade players just to keep the Lakers from getting them. Everything I’ve seen is Drummond wants to be in Brooklyn. No sense in giving up assets for a 30 game rental.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote