View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #149
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Thats a hot take. Mavs with prime Dirk were always way over the salary cap. Cuban gave Parsons a 3y max deal, gave post Achilles Wes a big deal etc etc. Mavs dont cheap out.

And the "mediocre team" is gunning for HCA, despite being together with the Heat one of the two teams who got screwed by Covid big time.
What you are describing has not happened within the last 3 years. Yes, money was spent previously, but to me it looks like Cuban has definitely put the brakes on some of the spending. I can't say that I blame him. Look at what he got for Parsons, Wes, even Powell. Heck, I don't think the Mavs would've been appreciably worse had Cuban decided to save those tens of millions of dollars he spent on those guys instead of not pursuing them and letting them play elsewhere.

Last edited by turin; 03-25-2021 at 06:30 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote