View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 11:33 PM   #159
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Honestly curious: what do you get out of constantly bringing negative opinions about the Mavs?

You are allowed to have interests you are positive about.
I love the Mavs. Love that they made the trade to get Luka. He will be the best player in the NBA over the next 10 years and I hope all 10 are with the Mavs. I fear that the inability for the front office to build anything, even incrementally is going to cut his stay short. Let's be honest, the only reason the Mavs are a little better this year and might finish 6th or 7th is because Luka continues to improve and is actually statistically the best defender on the Mavs in addition to a top 3 offensive guy in the league. He got better and the Mavs team around him have not. What will change next year? We likely will add zilch in the draft, and it appears there are no big name top tier talent to be landed in the off season. If KP doesn't truly become a top 20 player in league, then the Luka era will end poorly. I would also say if the Mavs are one and done in the playoffs this season and don't progress next season then by definition Rick is not the solution. So sorry about perceived negativity but I think my position is more warranted because of the failure to add any meaningful talent around Luka in his 3rd year than the Pollyannaish view that the Mavs are somehow smarter than the NBA.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote