View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #506
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
This. Would love to hear the arguments for Billups over Kidd...
I just like Billups. He made me laugh when he was with ESPN. Mainly due to how he was seen as both a genius(he's not ftr) and a mentor to the special needs kid next to him aka Paul Pierce. He has no HC experience but there was no vet coach outside of Atkinson I really wanted of the names being thrown out around here. But Billups is respected as a former player as well. Outside of the recent reporting of Kidd being liked by basically every star player, which I can only imagine is because he was a HOF player because as a coach I see nothing to latch onto. Bucks literally went from mediocre to 60 wins the year he left and Bud was hired. But I'm supposed to be optimistic that Kidd learned something after 2 yrs as an assistant coaching Lebron, who likely doesn't need all that much coaching... and learning under Vogel?

My main top choice was Atkinson but I'd literally take almost every name mentioned so far on this board over Kidd because I have placed him firmly in the great player mediocre coach category like Bird and Ewing and every other one you want to throw out until I see otherwise. Maybe He and Nico get us free agents. If he does then all we need is a quality staff supporting him. I like that we seem to be hiring JJ as I always thought he'd be great as a players coach and even good in player development. I'm optimistic about Terry but not as much as JJ. We need some veterans on the staff though.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote