View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 11:55 PM   #519
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I usually agree with most of your post

But here I disagree

What has Billups done besides stand on the sideline and clap that makes him a better fit than Kidd?

Kidd actually did a terrific job his 1st go round with the Nets and they had average talent.

He wasn't that bad in Milwaukee considering Giannis was still just starting out.

Luka is already a top 5 talent and if Kidd somehow figures out this KP issue lack of touches he will most likely have immediate success in Dallas as a coach.

I also believe relationships matter amongst players and coaches now days more than in years past.

Kidd seems like a guy that will be someone who the players will follow and respect.

I think he needs a veteran Assistant next to him but I can see this team being very similar to the one Avery Johnson took over where the players just responded to him being a new voice right out the gates.

Avery was demanding, preached defense and maximum effort. His teams played hard and very rarely took night's off he just got his kicked by Nellie.

He did get the finals not being a great coach but again he motivated that team and to be fair they got screwed by ref's or else Avery would might have won a title in a short amount of time.

I can see Kidd getting more energy out this team especially from guys like Josh Green. I can see being more app to use KP in the mid post area similar to Dirk and get him touches that way more often.

If the Front office can convince someone like Demar DeRozan to come here and help Luka I don't think anyone is going to speak much about the coaching as a weakness next year.

I believe the changes to this organization recently was much needed and I expect for the 1st time in a decade that this franchise will get beyond the 1st round of the playoffs and close to the WCF's.
Billups has done nothing. I'm not saying he's a better hire than Kidd. The poster asked what the argument would be and I was just stating its the unknown vs. the known even though I'd probably argue Kidd at this point in his coaching career may be more of a unknown.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote