Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM   #21
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
The best environment you just described is the one we have now. Not only will we not have anything to tack things to in the new building, we were told not to bring any kind of tacks at all to the new building. Even our tiny dividers are made of glass, so putting anything on them is going to require sticky tack or something of that nature. Also no place to put individual white boards, which is another ridiculous decision.

On the showy location part, I at least understand where they're coming from. We're not a consulting firm. We make software for a specific industry, and we service major companies in that industry. When you have IBM and Sprint rolling in to talk the sales guys or just to check out he place, I get that they want a spiffy place rather than the warehousy feel we have now. So that I can at least understand, even if I don't agree with it, at all.

But the desks are just a horrendous idea, and it's going to cost them a major chunk of productivity.
sucks man. sorry about this. Sometimes you have to do some personal business on company time...be it at lunch or during the day..some privacy would be nice.

what are they gonna set up a pay phone somewhere, so you can make phone calls? what a bunch of sh*t
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote