View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #52
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
Am I proud of it, no? But here is the thing, it was the wrong time for myself and my fiancé. We have recently announced our engagement. Oct 3RD 09. We hope to have children in the future, but for someone to tell me I am wrong or going to hell for choosing when to have a child is a load of crap I will not endure.

But I like how you just dismiss my points without actually explaining you opposition.

Are you saying a woman CAN use science to choose it TO have a child, but is wrong to use the same science to choose to have a child latter?

Are you also saying that politicians don't use issues like this and say... gay marriage (something that affects so few people) to distract the populace from real issues?
First of all, I'm not telling anyone anything about what is a sin, going to hell, whatever.

I dismissed your points because they don't make any sense. For those that oppose abortion it is not about "playing God". If that were the case they would be against any form of birth control as well. That opposition is because many people view an unborn child as a human. And killing humans is wrong, and against the law.

If you don't think it's a human, fine. That's usually the dividing line. But your use of the term "playing God" shows that you don't have an understanding of the issue.

And yes, obviously people use it, along with many other issues, for political reaons. That doesn't mean it's not a real issue. Your question of "how many people will face that choice" was comical. Thousands of abortions are performed every day in the U.S.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote