Thread: my music
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #28
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Let me just say that the banjo and fiddle are two underrated instruments.
Banjo is tons of fun to play, and the fact that it's opened-tuned makes it fairly easy to at least fake on (even if you don't have actual banjo-playing style, whether it be clawhammer or three-finger, learned). I'm currently playing it in a folk group I'm in. We haven't played any gigs yet, because it's all of three weeks old, but I'm very excited about it. We've got a six-string guitar, banjo/high-strung guitar (depending on the song), violin, and cello. Three-part harmonies of me on tenor, an alto, and baritone. The harmonies are already coming along very well. Our voices blend very well, and it'll be good for me anyhow, because I've never had to sing anything but lead, so I've never really had to learn how to sing harmony.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 08-30-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote