View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #114
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Last year Kaman had a comparable rebounding rating to chandler (28.2 to 30) and beat chandler in shot block rating (7.8 to 5.5)

He also improved his teams defense by 1.9 Points per 100. Chandler only helped 1.2.

In clutch situations Kaman out rebounded chandler (33.1 to 22.2) and beat chandler in blocks by a much higher percentage (8.9 to 3.4)

Discuss
If you're suggesting that Tyson is an overrated defender, I'll bite. There is NO way he deserved the DPY award. Not with all the other more deserving players: Howard, Marion, James, etc.

But I DO think these stats point to Kaman not being as sluggish or average defender as some around here might want to suggest. He is not an all world defender, but he IS solid.

What would be interesting, would be to compare Kaman's defensive stats not to Tyson, but to Haywood and see what comes up.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote