View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #342
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim499 View Post
Hey anyone know what the deal is with Ben and Skin's show? Why do they never ever talk about the Mavs? I used to love hearing their perspective on the team. I have fond memories of the playoff postgame shows in 06. The famous Stomile Swift crotch dunk they would spend a whole show on in the old days.

Why would they talk about generic FM radio bullshi topics like "tell us your best bossy boss story" for hours and not give the Mavs 5 minutes during the playoffs? Anyone still listen to them?
From what I can tell, their bosses are completely obsessed with call ins and listener interaction.

Ben spends a decent amount of time on two of the big Rangers boards/blogs trying to drum up good Ranger calls. He's dropped several pretty obvious hints that they don't like caller driven radio but are being forced into it. I dropped him a PM relaying my opinion of caller driven radio and asking if they were ever going to be allowed to do a conversation driven show. He asked me to send it in email form so he could forward it to his bosses and gave me his cell phone to discuss my criticisms.

I never called (I don't quite care THAT much), but I think it's obvious they hate doing this.

This FM crap radio started out of nowhere and it now being done almost all the time, along with "call in and talk to us about anything", so I can only guess that this was mandated by their bosses.

They're making a huge mistake with this. I am perfectly ready to drop the Hardline flat out, and I did when Ben and Skin were at Rangers Spring Training, but segments where they're just burning through phone calls are immediate punch outs for me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-26-2009 at 09:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote