View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #345
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I head Ben and Skin’s first mix with Pete Stein and M-Rod and you could tell that caller driven radio was the way they were planning to differentiate themselves from ESPN and the Ticket. The problem with that is that most callers are boring and don’t know that much.

Not saying it can’t work. Day 1 P1’s will recall that the Hardline was largely caller (and fax) driven for the first year or so. That was before they have the skins on the wall to tell management to F off. It worked because of quirky and entertaining callers like Paul the Damn Viking and The Steven Wright Caller (although he was mostly a D&M guy). It’s unlikely that the fan would be able to duplicate that success since the funny caller is going to be hard to lure from the Ticket. Ben and Skin probably brought a few but that’s about it.

As far as Archer he sounds bland and uncomfortable in his new role. It’s like they’re trying to lob him softballs and make him fit in but it’s not working. That being said he works hard at what he does and his information should be just as good at Mickey’s. Plus not employed by Jerry Jones so there will no longer be a reason to wonder if his opinions are slanted.

Also, I listened to a bit of The Fans draft coverage and apparently they took Larry Brown too. I always enjoyed him on the pre-game show with Bob.