View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 02:14 PM   #36
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I mean anyone that has seen Wemby play gets it. He is one of the better prospects I've ever seen. Lebron was too. I had never seen someone with handles, as fast and big as Lebron. And while his body is different, I've never seen someone Wemby's size move like that. It is funny though that arguably the two best players in the NBA in Giannis and Jokic....no one saw coming lol. I don't think you can just see greatness coming at you and determine its here. Wemby will have to earn that.
Oh for sure, he's a generational talent but it's also sensational to state something like what Woj went on about.

Of the top, it's easy LeBron for me over him and I'm glad I was old enough to witness both. I do think Wemby and his game translate super easily, but I don't envision the same type of rookie year as LeBron. There's also relevant questions as to his body type in terms of not only health and longevity, but how will he stack against the much bigger and physical bigs of the NBA. He's just not a simply clear cut as the others.

As for other sports, I'd have to say Ohtani probably eclipses Wemby for me. And then it gets super tough given the timelines for football players and even hockey. I don't know if I start putting others ahead of him. Such guys like Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Andrew Luck, and while I'm not a big hockey guy, I remember when Crosby and Ovechkin were coming into the league and the hype around them.

But yea, strictly basketball, he's second only to LeBron. As good as MJ and KD were coming out of school, they don't come close to the fanfare of LeBron and Wemby. I just found it a strange declaration is all.

Edit: also, good point on Giannis and Jokic.

Last edited by saclare; 05-17-2023 at 02:15 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote