View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #29
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why someone would be offended by the first video - but I think its meant to be offensive, in the same way that Family Guy, South Park, and other forms of satire are meant to be offensive.

My grandpa wouldn't find it funny, but he didn't really find most modern forms of humor to be funny.

As far as flag waving goes, I think too many people are willing to wrap up their own ideas and agendas in the American flag. You should never assume that because someone has a different idea than you do, that they love America less, have sacrificied less, or have suffered less, or have endured less loss than you. Its just not the case. The "Love it Or Leave It" way of thinking was rightly ridiculed in the seventies, and it should've been left there...IMO.

BTW, forcing a private business to fly a flag...any flag...doesn't sound like a very American idea. If anything, it sounds rather fascist, but I can see how that's easily mixed up with "freedom".

(Personally, I would be more than happy to let employees have U.S. flags displayed in thier office, as long as they were being reasonable - but as a business owner, that should be my choice).

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-27-2009 at 07:33 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote