View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 10:56 PM   #108
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Cowboys vs. Atlanta Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
I'm not trying to start anything here but I have 2 questions i've been wondering all day. How did Hutch earn 4 mill a year without anyone even seeing him play other than college? The other is how did Flozell Adams get a contract like he has with us actually seeing how he plays? I hope when Parcells time is up JJ doesn't go back to that whole phase he had about being a GM.
Good questions. The Cowboys were not the only team following Hutch as a potential QB. he had a nice career in college. I think we can all agree to that point. The problem was not taking a chance on the guy, the problem was Jerry Jones thinking he knew more than football guys. Jones handcuffed us and overspent on Hutch to get him here so he could look like a good GM thinking that Hutch was going to be a stud QB. I seem to remember about Adams that he was about to be a FA after his best season and we locked him up because our line was going to be weak if not. Wasn't that the year we lost tow other linemen? Not sure about that, but it all goes back to Jerry Jones wanting to be a GM when he is not qualified to be one. Sure he is entitled to be since he owns the team, but he is in no way qualified to be GM. So I agree with you about him not returning to GM duties.

Why does that Hutch story sound so much like Carter's story? JJ is afraid another team will take his qb of the future so he overpays or drafts the guy to who high.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote