View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Is Sharon dooming any Treaty?

Sharon is an asshole. Palestine has no legitimate leader.

I blame Harry Truman and Adolf Hitler and the Israelis and the Palestinians, and many muslim nations and Great Britain and France. There is a lot of blame to go around. It's a complex issue that has spanned 56 years.

I personally don't think there is any right way to do things. As a Jewish person who knows the old testament, Israel was our homeland, but it was never a sovereign nation ruled by Jewish elders. Even in the Bible, many people lived in that area. Yes I feel connected to that area, but so do Palestinians who have been living there at least as long. The land doesn't clearly belong to anyone. It was nice that Truman gave us that land after tens of millions of my people died in the Holocaust, but it just set up a lot of problems.

There are a couple of solutions.
1) although the entirety of Israel belongs to both groups, split up the nation fairly. This won't make either party happy because they would both lose some of their land
2) one party decides to leave. I would gladly invite my aunt and uncle to move to the USA. It would require us to give up land that is ours, but its like apologizing something you arent at fault for to help a situation. The USA could stop sending 100s of Millions of dollars in aid to Israel, and we would see the amount of middle east violence effectively reduced by at least half. Of course either group could do it, but the Palestinians are in for the long haul. Maybe I'm too feminine but I think we should give up our bigheadedness and do what calms the situation.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote