View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #19
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually in last nights game she improved dramatically on her ball handling. It took me totally by surprise really. Twice she took the ball from the backcourt advancing it and dribbling pretty well. She attempted to do this a third time, but I felt bad for her because it was after a made bucket and the ball hadn't been thrown in. She just grabbed it and started moving it up court. I had to explain to her the difference (that its okay when rebounding, not when a basket was made) and I think she's got it now. She had a look of shock when the ref blew the whistle at her to bring the ball back (almost Tim Duncanesque).

They did lose this game. And bad. It was 20-4. The team they played against was so much more disciplined and could actually shoot. When our team passes they just lob the ball up in the air which more often than not results in a turnover.... but the team we played last night had actuall passing skills (the entire team it seemed). They also had their own Shaquille who made every shot she took. And she took alot. The plan was for her to sit in the paint and wait for the ball, then shoot. She was taller than every other girl on the floor.

I found a fault in our ringer last night too, and the opponent found a way to exploit it. She isn't comfortable passing the ball. So the opponent trapped her when she was in offensive transition forcing her to pass. All 4 points were scored by her though.