View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 12:28 PM   #22
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

David, I agree with you that Nellie has done a great job with the team by turning it around after just a few years. However, even when the Mavs are winning every 5 out of 6 games like you said, I'm not happy. The biggest problem with this thread is your title: Who wants to dogpile Nelson after a rare loss?
Rare loss? Haven't we gone thru the debate of who should hold the ball and take the last shot in crunch time many times? Yes I agree that even if Dirk's the one who take the last shot he might not make basket... but Nellie doesn't even seem to try that.
If we were teams like Rockets, Suns or even the Pacers (up-and-coming-teams), I can accept this defeat on the terms of "rare loss". But for the Mavericks, this is not a rare loss. The talk about protecting large leads and letting the hot hands carry the team is as stale as yesterday's leftover dinner but yet we saw the same mistakes in the Bucks game. I can't figure out why Nelson ran an isolation for Finley at the end of that game when Finley has been stone cold since a few games back. Dirk was the high-point man that night and he was double-teamed every time he got the ball... rationality will tell you that Dirk should have held the ball, if not taken the shot, in the last few seconds of the game.
I'm not a Nellie hater, and definitely not a pro-Dirk guy. I just want to see our team wins games that we're suppose to win. This is a team that's talking about conference finals and an NBA title... but all I see now is all talk but no walk.
So, to reiterate my point, NO I don't want to dogpile Nelson because I believe he CAN lead this team to success and it's not all his fault in the loss to Milwaukee. However, anyone who says the loss to the Bucks was a rare one is wrong IMO.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote