View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #74
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Found the Cuban quote from mmb...

Doing the David Robinson year would have been a sound plan. This is the smart Cuban talking here. Instead, he grossly overpays for a broken down Matthews and not worth it JJB...why? We could have picks and tons of cap space going into this summer just like he said. Seriously, would people have really been upset if we were a 15-20 win team versus what we are now? I just don't get it. I don't really care about having the same ole discussion about what the FO has done since the championship season. I DO care about Cuban going back on his own word like this just this past summer.
I honestly don't care if we win 5 games or 40. I was in the pro tank group when DJ changed his mind. When we continued signing FA's even after Cuban said they were going to tank I assumed Dirk had a part, maybe even RC Idk. It could have been entirely Cuban though, and maybe he doesn't have it in him to tank despite his comments... Which would be extremely frustrating in the future if that is the case. He also could have been overly dramatic when he thought he had DJ in his back pocket and decided to milk and sensationalize the situation with the comments he made about tanking. I just think it's a bit disingenuous to lob the accusation that all he cares about is fielding a roster geared towards ticket sales when he has shown, over a decade long window, that he rly does not care about the profit side. The rest of it all is a matter of viewpoint really.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote