View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 11:15 AM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

TwoDeep3 - Good to see you. I really respect your opinions, and you don't post often enough. That said, I have to ask you what your definition of success for this Mavericks team is. If you define it as winning more regular season games and simply posting a winning record, then this team will be successful for many years to come, Nellie or not. If, however, you expect postseason success because of the talent this team has, then it seems natural to hold Nellie accountable to properly utilize the talent available.

I have been a Mavs fan forever, and I certainly remember the 90's. Then, success was defined differently based upon the talent the team had. But success must be redefined as the team's talent level changes.

Enjoying the process is certainly a valid point, but I want the process to be taking us somewhere, not plateauing the team at a certain level.

It is inevitable that one day this team will have to rebuild. That day hasn't come, though, and while the Mavs have the talent on hand, I'm not going to stop demanding success from Nellie simply because I know that some day the team won't have enough talent to perform as they are now. That makes no sense.