View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
If saying that you'd trade Howard for Gasol is treating Howard like he's Devean George, then you are saying is that Gasol is worth Devean George.

The only way you can look at this:
Howard <-> Gasol

and see this
Howard = George

is if you think this
George <-> Gasol

is possible.
Methinks that you're either very much so not understanding my posts, or you're intentionally using my words out of context.

I don't think that Josh Howard is equal to Devean George in any way, rather I'm commenting on how amazed I am at how Mavs fans seem to treat Josh Howard as if he is equal to Devean George.

So every post here has my opinion being stated that Josh Howard is a 2nd tier player, whereas people seem to treat him as if he were a scrub like Devean George. Please don't confuse this with me saying that I believe that Devean George is equal to that of Josh Howard, I'm just saying that people seem to treat him as if that were true.

Now, I don't know where in the world you're getting the George for Gasol thing so I'm not sure how to comment on that. I mean, if we're talking about trading players from other teams for Gasol to come here then why not just trade TJ Ford to Memphis for Gasol to come here? (random names, no significance)

I've actually said that I wouldn't personally trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol and I personally don't see why in the world someone would say that would be a good trade. We'd be sacrificing a nice chunk of defense and offensive output for a 5. It seems like a desperation move and I'd say that we're better off with Damp/Gooden at the 5 and keeping Josh Howard than starting Jason Terry at the 2 and having Gasol start at the 5. Would Marc be a great acquisition and make us a better team? Yes, but not at the cost of Josh Howard IMO. It seems like it would be one step forward and two steps back. Our starting lineup as it stands right now is great, even though people seem to think that Josh Howard will never be able to play the two (which is confusing in and of itself considering he's always played minutes at the two). He might not have played significant minutes at the two, but that is what position he played in college and he's subbed in at that position throughout the years somewhat regularly.

Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

is a better starting lineup than

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Gasol

in my humble opinion. Terry's lack of defense on the position that many superstars in the league play in (and inability to guard 3's if need be) just makes it too detrimental in my mind. Gasol would be a huge improvement in the paint, but the perimeter D would be the same as last season, which was one of the reasons why we had so many problems beating +.500 teams throughout much of the season. With Kidd/Howard/Marion you have a much more solid defense and still have those scoring options that thin the defense for Dirk to get better looks.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote