View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #29
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
I don't think that Josh Howard is equal to Devean George in any way, rather I'm commenting on how amazed I am at how Mavs fans seem to treat Josh Howard as if he is equal to Devean George.
let me put it another way, then: How in the world is wanting to trade Josh Howard for Marc Gasol treating Josh Howard like he's Devean George?

Quote:
Kidd
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Damp

is a better starting lineup than

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Dirk
Gasol

in my humble opinion.
Well, I disagree. I think the holes we have now at center are worse than the hole we'd have at 2 guard. On top of that, as others are posting, it's easier to fill the 2 spot with something servicable than it is to fill the center spot. Consider that we'll spend a lot of time with

Kidd
Terry
Howard
Marion
Dirk
Gooden

Terry will be out there anyway.
Quote:
... which was one of the reasons why we had so many problems beating +.500 teams throughout much of the season.
we also had problems with our completely immobile center who can't score to save his life. Dirk has never had a center who could produce on offense. Gooden will do that, but it'd be great if we could get one that could hold his own on the defensive end, as well.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 08-18-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote