View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #28
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I was disappointed in the loss, but at least the team gets a chance to bounce back quickly against another good team.

I wasn't as impressed by the Rockets as I thought I would be. Harden played great, and Dwight was awesome for a quarter. I know he is farther away from his surgery, but if I were a Lakers fan, I would absolutely hate everything about him though. I thought he looked more engaged last night than any game last year. The Rockets probably do just need to spread the floor around him though. Playing him next to Asik isn't very pretty or effective.

As for the Mavs, they got destroyed on the glass early on, couldn't hit shots, and committed a million fouls. I was pleased at how they continued to compete though.

Calderon continues to not be able to shoot through two games. I have to imagine that changes. He's just been too good of a shooter throughout his career for it not to, right? I do have my concerns about him defensively, but he has been pretty solid at running the team in these first two games. Mekel really impressed me last night though. I thought he was the better player last night, and his confidence just kept growing. I didn't know if he would be able to play at this level, but I think he can.

Monta really struggled with his shot. He still finished with 20, and I will take that. I think this team needs a guy who can go get 20 nightly. I thought his foul trouble really bothered him last night on both ends of the floor, and Harden really took it to the team. Ellington couldn't hit a shot last night either. He needs to be a good 3 and D guy for this team.

I thought Marion and Carter both struggled as well. That doesn't happen that often. At least one of them usually plays well. Jae Crowder looked great though in the fourth quarter. I think Rick is going to have to find some minutes for him. He may also make one of those veterans very available for trade. I just like his size, defense, and shooting ability. I would expect him to start stealing some of Ellington's minutes if Wayne doesn't hit shots.

Dirk had 22, but he kind of seemed disinterested at times. I know it's early in the season, but his defense and rebounding aren't going to magically improve these days. He's the least of my concerns though.

I thought Dalembert surprisingly held his own, despite foul problems, and I was really proud of what Blair gave the team. This team is just small though. Brendan Wright coming back will help, but he's not enough. I think they still need to be looking at getting another big who can take up some space.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote