View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 01:12 AM   #9
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Lost Opportunity!!!

Quote:
1) Have you been watching our games???
No need to be condescending...yes I watch the games...usually a couple of times.

[/quote]Did you watch Minnesota score at will???[/quote]Yes I did and I'm sure McKenzie could have stopped Moss...that's why GB often doubles him at the line as if he's covering a punt. Guess what...TD's going to do the same thing.

Quote:
Did you watch Brunell almost single handedly take the game over in the second half???
As I pointed out, that wasn't all Reeves. He competed well. Look, the kid thinks he's a reserve and all of a sudden he's plaing 89 games on MNF. Give him some time. Garnder got a way with a couple of push offs too.

Quote:
Thank God for the game that Garcia decided to sleep through, or we would likely be 1-2...
Yea, Garcia's performance had nothing to do with our defense.

Quote:
Our Defense is mediocre ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CB POSITION...
You couldn't be more wrong. We have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL. That is the story. I'll give you any two corners you want with mediocre ends and you give me guys that can get to the passer and I'll take my defense every time...every time. Pass rushers are more important than "cover corners". You give any decent QB time and he will pick you apart.

Quote:
Our team, (and the opposition by the way), knows we can't cover the receivers, so instead of rushing our LBs/SSs, we are forced to leave everyone back in coverage and pray that our front 4 can get penetration, (which I think all of us knows will not happen consistently)...
Bingo

[/quote]We arent the Eagles or the Bucs... We can't rely on a pass rush from our main four guys... They are great tacklers, but just dont have the agility/speed to get by their guys... It just WONT happen... With our team we NEED to be able to rush in LBs and SSs... It is just MANDATORY...[quote]
It's also a sign of weakness. Obviously you see the problem.

Quote:
The problem is you can NOT do that if your CBs leave a guy WIDE open... And let me repeat a key word... WIDE... Wide open... The guys are so open that you watch our CBs SPRINT to all hell to just get close enough to intefere... They SUCK... You are a complete homer if you think ANY different... Newman is talented, and hopefully has a great future ahead of him; HOWEVER, he has failed to show me anything significant enough to view him as anything more than a VERY good #2 CB or a Descent #1...
So we need two corners?

Look man, I know our corners need to improve, but they are young enough to do so. I just don't think you value draft picks and cap flexibility enough. That's what's going to sustain the team long term. Would I like Mckenzie, yes...Is he worth his and GB's asking price, no he's not.

Keep in mind that right now we're not spending money on two big money positions: QB and RB. We need to keep cap flexibility so that if Henson is as good as some people think he is, we can compensate him without gutting our team.

Quote:
Regarding McKenzie intimidating guys, I dont mean like a Bailey does, I just mean much, MUCH more so than someone like Hunter/Jacques could... These guys are just BEGGING QBs to beat them with their HUGE lack of talent AND confidence... What a joke...
Again, NFL receivers worth thier salt don't get intimidated. and It's not like McKenzie is Deon in his prime...he's a guy. As far as Bailey, he was made to look foolish by a rookie this weekend...if it would have happened to one of our corners, you would have been on their asses. Again, corners get beat, even the good ones.

Quote:
Bottom line... I think a guy like McKenzie could help put the Cowboys on the next level... Right now, we aren't even necessarily penciled in as a playoff team... You take that team and put a very good CB with an up and coming CB in Newman, and you are on your way to building something special when you factor in the rest of our defense... That type of a move puts you with the teams that have a chance, but arent necessarily favorites... Just ask Carolina what that can do for you!
Carolina is a good example of how a team with bad corners can go to the Super Bowl with a great front four. One of my co-workers is a Panters fan and all he talked about last season was how their corners were garbage. You get a guy like Peppers on the end and he can make up for it. We need to hope we draft high enough to pick up a rush end like Pollack from Georgia.

We'll just have to disagree on this. I don't see McKenzie as a put you over the top type player.