Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #488
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

My two predictions for next season, should Brunson end up going to the NYK...

Brunson will have a RUDE awakening and struggle mightily. Sure, I think he can be a lead guard. But a go to #1 option as they are paying him to be, HELL to the NO. He's about to find out what playing in the NBA looks like without top 5 spacing and next to no other shot creator. Please don't come at me with Barrett and Randle lol they are nice players but inefficient ones who need the ball in their hands to maximize whatever value they bring. I see the same in Obi, but he's young and can improve. But the biggest thing here is the attention Brunson will now demand from teams that don't have to worry about Luka and perimeter shooters. Not only on offense, but I would expect Brunson to be one of the worst defenders in the NBA as the Knicks are no where near the defensive team as the Mavs. Will he still put up respectable offensive stats? Sure, he's that good and crafty to be able to do so. But I expect a slide in efficiency at a minimum.

THJ - people love to shit on him for the contract. I'm banking on him coming back and providing a scoring punch off the bench with the 2nd unit lead by Dinwiddie and Dragic. THJ has done nothing but play his ass off for this team. His efficiency and consistency can be frustrating, but I expect him to take a big step forward this year if he's not traded. That's all, my gut feeling and call. I think THJ has a career year. Oh, and the structure of his contract isn't talked about enough, as it get better each year versus the cap.

Bonus: Christian Wood is going to be a focused wrecking ball. Guy has been on shit teams and you can certainly point out attitude. But he's finally with a team that has a winning culture and a defined hierarchy. I'm banking his defense will also shine. That being said, we do need a bigger true center to provide some quality backup minutes. Love Maxi, but I'd rather keep his defensive versatility in play at the 4.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote