Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 AM   #505
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
This is hard to accept but the Warriors are a championship team. They've repeated and now have four rings. That is worth paying repeater tax for.

Mavs would be in worse shape financially and we all agree that we're at least 1-2 pieces (even WITH Brunson) from contending. I know it feels bad, but you simply don't mortgage the future for a team that is that far from a championship. That's bush league desperation stuff.

Mavs gotta retool a bit: develop Hardy, draft well in the future, make smart moves with trades, develop guys internally, and if we get to championship level we pay to bring those guys back. Overpaying guys because we have no faith in our ability to constantly improve? That's a bad move.
I hold the opinion we are championship contenders now, with or without Brunson. I honestly don't get the alternative thought. The Mavs will make another move or three, we've added Wood and THJ back, losing Brunson. Blah blah blah second best player, maybe on last year's squad. Mavs will be right back in the thick of things next season.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote